My Happy Place

My Happy Place

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Letter



Dear 2011,
First, let me say thank you for coming.  We have a long road ahead of us together, you and I.  We are going to step back from some things knowing that it’s not forever but just for right now.  School is important, it always has been but we both know that despite our heart’s desire, now is not a good time.  Focusing on Joshua is primary.  We will come back to it, when the time is right. 
We are going to fully immerse ourselves in some really fun things such as:
1.      Parkour
2.      Learning Italian fluently and
3.      Indoor rock climbing

We are also going to work our butts off at getting those nasty and pesky 30 pounds we don’t like, to take a hike.
We are going to do at least one thing a month on that very interesting bucket list.
And finally, we are going to love ourselves, put ourselves first more, be more compassionate to others, work very hard to heal past hurts, get our asses in shape, and experiment with some yoga and Buddhism.
I’m sure 2011, that the road won’t always be easy or pleasant but you and I are going to grow and experience all that we can!  We are going to make this be a wonderful year full of hope, happiness, and adventure.
I hope you are as exciting as I am 2011, to seek the future and move forward in many, many new directions.  I thank you again for coming to see me.  I’m grateful for your presence each day and I am excited about all the things you and I have planned together.
Much love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment