My Happy Place

My Happy Place

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 1 - March 18, 2011

Today was my last day at my current job.  Not a big deal, I'm staying with the same company, in the same department, but stepping down.  About 6-8 months ago, I started feeling like I needed to make a change, be doing something that was less stressful, so that I could focus on school and of course my son.  I thought about it a lot, for months actually.  Finally a few weeks ago, I took the leap.  I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life and honestly excited about having less stress. 

As I was sitting at my desk this morning, I was thinking about my boss.  She has been instrumental in my growth in my character and knowledge.  She has been a mentor to me from the moment I came into her department.  We've had our rough days, but I think she is amazing in many ways, and I wanted to thank her for all of it.  So I thought "I'm going to write Mrs. J. a letter telling her how much I appreciate her and all she has done for me.  This will be my gift for today."

I'm a big fan of writing letters to people.  It's the easiest way for me to express myself.  It felt so good to tell her all those things I wanted to say, to let her know just how great I think she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment