My Happy Place

My Happy Place

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gift 6 - March 23, 2011

Again today didn't really feel out of the norm for me in regards to giving.  Perhaps I need to put it out there more clearly to the universe my deep desire to give.  Maybe I'm not being open enough to opportunities.  I love doing things for my friends, but today's gift is something I would have mindfully done anyway, even if I wasn't doing this challenge. 

To be honest I want to give outside my comfort zone.  Money to a homeless person.  Something I've not done before.  Perhaps I can talk Lobster into going dowtown tomorrow night so that I can seek out this gift and truly give consciously. 

I think for me part of this challenge is to not only be mindful of the giving that I do but to also do it in a way that is new for me, in a way that lets me stretch my legs...and my mind...and my heart.  Giving of any kind is always wonderful and it does bring joy, but to do it in a way that perhaps you normally wouldn't is, in my mind, even better, for it affords us more opportunity to grow.
_______________________________________________________

This morning my friend M mentioned that she wanted to go out for lunch today.  When she brought it up, I knew this would be my gift for the day.  Buying her lunch is a small price to pay for the wonderful friendship she gives to me each day.  We share some much of our lives with each other, and I tell that woman almost everything.  She is an amazing mother, and a very hard worker.  She inspires me just being around her.  Not to mention her amazing sense of humor. 

Today I give with love, gratitude, and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment